Any company’s SEO process needs to be constantly updated and tweaked to follow the changes in search engines algorithms. Search Engine Optimization involves optimizing a website to become search enignes friendly. A well planned SEO process can be technical and have many possible steps to give the best results in search engines. Here are 6 basic steps that helps to give good results we want for our clients:
- Website Analysis & Planning – Project starts from the initial planning including in-depth website analysis which needs to be optimized for search engines. A few questions should ask with the clients…to know about the competitors in clients view, clients expectations, clients specifications on site architecture and to understand the business etc.
- Keyword Research – It is one of the necessary step of any SEO campaign. Consult with the client and get initial keyword list from them. After expanding it to find related keywords, make a final keyword list and get it approved from the client. Initially target long tail keywords with low competition and get targeted traffic.
- Content Stategy & Development – Get the expert’s help on content writing and consult for structuring the content on the web page. Keywords needs to be incoporated in the site content and add new pages to the website.
- Website Optimization – Make a SEO friendly site architecture using best possible internal navigation structure. Optimize your website coding, image optimization, considering page speed and other actions that help to create a search friendly website. Make sure your CMS systems, shopping cart or other tools to build an SEO-friendly website. This will help to make “SEO friendly URLs” and user flexibility of tool.During the site development, SEO specialist should have the access to the site-in-progress. SEO specialist will watch and can alarm about un-editable title tags, straying from the template design etc. Before launching site must be “crawl” status, checking bad internal links, setup 301 redirects and search engine roadblocks etc.
- Natural Linking Strategy – Link building is most important step in off-site optimization. Taking care of diversifying use of anchor text with quality link partners, using press release, social media, and other strategies.When link building is done with black hat techniques, your site can be penalized, removed from the search results, and your domain name can even be blacklisted.
- Monitoring & Reporting – Last step is site monitoring via Google Analytics, GWT, and Bing Webamster Tools a/c as well as providing standard keyword ranking report on a regular monthly basis.
SEO is never finishes and there is always the chance to do more since new updates are continuously take place in search engines or due to redefining the strategy. So do site audit regulary and repeat your SEO process again!